Michelle Woszatka shared with School-Link Illawarra and South East
5th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
You are invited to attend the Culturally Responsive Practice, what does it mean? workshop
The Shoalhaven region is rapidly changing its demographics, as it houses a broad range of people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds, some CALD are well established communities whilst other are new emerging communities. This has great implications in terms of services delivery for supporting an aging CALD cohort as well as providing services to young CALD families who finding challenging to navigate services and systems.
The aim of this half day workshop is to support services, health and non-government organisations to enhance their cultural capacity to effectively deliver services to people from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds living in the Shoalhaven region. Some of the themes covered in the workshop will involve developing a greater awareness and practical skills in:
• develop a greater understanding of the type of CALD Communities living in the Shoalhaven Region and what are some of the health issues
• understanding culturally responsive practice principles and how it benefits service delivery
• developing skills to actively use interpreters services
• understanding about the Humanitarian Settlement Program and complexities about the Refugee Experience
• implementing strategies to continue developing cross-cultural competence in your service (the Diverse Conversations Tool)
When: Wednesday 28th March 2018
Location: TAFE NSW, Nowra Campus, Building L, Level 1, Room L1.03
Please find attached flyer, click here to register – Limited spaces!
This workshop is supported by TAFE NSW, Australian Red Cross, Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Inc, Anglicare and the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
If you have any questions about this workshop, please contact Sofia Lema, ISLHD Multicultural Health Service on 4221 6793
Thank you for your consideration, We look forward to seeing you there!
Please distribute throughout your organisation and networks