Where: Via Zoom (Link sent a day prior)
Fathers can often be left on the sidelines or ignored, as society has created gendered parenting roles. There are unique and irreplaceable attributes that are often untapped, which they sometimes need to fight to contribute (Steve Biddulph). Fathers bring paternal strengths, when combined with maternal ones contribute to better outcomes for children and families. The benefits of an involved father includes higher self-esteem, better social & academic experience in school, and healthier relationships.
As a service provider, you can have a direct and profound impact in supporting the active role of dads in the lives of children and families. Join us in this upcoming forum to uncover the value that fathers bring to families and to the community.
We will reflect, question and challenge:
- The unique value of Father’s
- Barriers and what if dad's aren't around?
- How they want to be engaged
- How to welcome/ include dad's into parenting & family life
- How to welcome them into parenting courses, schools and the wider community
Posted 9 Jun 2020 12:54pm by Maria Comino
- 15 Jul 2020, 02:00 PM-15 Jul 2020, 04:00 PM