Angela Gauci posted in Jobs Board
26th Jun 17, 10:22 PM
• Be a part of making a difference in the local community
• Work close to home – Windsor location
• Increase your take home pay with salary packaging
Your new employer…
Our client, Hawkesbury Community Services (HCS) is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join their team in the role of Case Worker in their Brighter Futures program.
HCS a locally based non-government organisation funded by NSW Department of Family and Community Services through Wesley Mission to provide services under the Brighter Futures program in the Hawkesbury LGA. HCS is a Christian organisation auspiced by Hawkesbury Church so it is important all staff have a willingness to work within the Mission, Vision & Values of HCS.
Your new job…
This role will provide an integrated casework and case management service to families who are vulnerable and require in-home or centre based assistance, within a strength - based solution - focused framework. This includes the provision of case work services, group work programs and parenting education.
The role is Part Time at 28 hours per week which can be worked over 4 days per week and is permanent as funding allows. Salary will be paid in accordance with the NSW SCHADS Award and this role will be classified at Level 5, please click here for more information. Paypoint to be determined with successful applicant based on skills and experience. The role is based in Windsor, but will require regular travel throughout the Hawkesbury LGA for home visits and other commitment as necessary. Therefore, a current driver’s license is required.
What you’ll need to succeed…
Applicants are expected to have experience in the Brighter Futures program or a similar program within the family services sector as well as…
• Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Social Work or related fields
• Experience in completing Family Strengths and Needs Assessments that involves the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
• Demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem solve and resolve conflict
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with children and families experiencing domestic violence, parental drug and alcohol misuse, parental mental health, parents with significant learning difficulties or intellectual disability, lack of parenting skills/ inadequate supervision
• High level written and verbal communication skills, with experience developing case summaries and child protection reports
• High level ability to liaise, develop and maintain relationships with professional groups, including government and non-government stakeholders
• Working knowledge of and commitment to the 10 Practice Principles of Family Work (FaMS), evidence based practice, child centred practice and action learning
• Ability to work appropriately and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations and also Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities and organisations
• Competent computer skills with Word, email, internet and a client management system (preferably Carelink)
• Commitment to continuous improvement and WHS principles
• Current NSW/National driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
If you’re an experienced Social Worker looking to use your skills & experience in a meaningful and rewarding job for a local community organisation, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll get in return…
• Salary Packaging Options
• Access to pool vehicle for work related travel needs
• Training, Mentoring, Supervision and access to Resources
• High level of diversity in role
• Excellent working environment
What to do now…
Please see attached Information Pack for more information and how to apply.
Or visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, don’t delay, apply today!
Closing date: COB (5pm) Friday 14th July 2017