Amalia Betihavas posted in Jobs Board
17th Jan 18, 04:14 PM
OOSh Coordinators and Educators
3Bridges Community is a vibrant, community organisation providing a variety of programs and services to the communities of South Eastern Sydney. Our team consists of 140 staff and almost 300 passionate volunteers.
Our children’s services have all been rated as Meeting or Exceeding National Quality Standards.
Our Children’s Services team are seeking qualified applicants for the following roles:
• Coordinators – Full-time Mon- Fri - Covering before, After school care and vacation care shifts
• Assistant Coordinators – 30 hrs/wk Mon- Fri in before & after school & up to 38 hrs/ wk during school holidays.
• Educators - Casual and Perm, part time to support our Before and/or After School Care & Vacation Care.
Placement will be at sites in the Rockdale & Penshurst areas.
A Children’s Services Coordinator OOSH are required to act as Responsible Person and Educational Leader. The successful applicant will need at least 1 year’s experience leading a team in continuous improvement against the National Quality Standards and regulatory compliance; and must meet the essential selection criteria.
Assistant Coordinator’s main focus will be in assisting the Coordinator in the day to day operation of before, after school and vacation care services, and including the planning and improvement of school aged care service in compliance with National Quality Framework.
You will be able to facilitate experiences to engage and challenge children aged 5-12 and work collaboratively to ensure their safety and wellbeing while reflecting on and continuously improving practice outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Diploma or Certificate IV Children’s Services, OOSH, Recreation; or Degree or Diploma Primary Teaching.
• First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis management certification
• Valid working with Children Check clearance
• CHCCHILD401A - Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk.
Essential selection criteria
• Experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programs for children aged 5 to12 years within a care and education or recreational setting.
• At least one year (Coordinator) or six months (Assistant Coordinator) leadership experience in a school aged care and education centre.
• Capacity to be approved as a Certified Supervisor.
• Capacity and willingness to consent to and fulfil the obligations of a Responsible Person in Coordinator absence including ensuring children’s health and hygiene, safety and wellbeing, risk management.
• Demonstrated capacity to comply with and lead other educators in the implementation of children’s service policies and procedures
• Demonstrated skills in the supervision and positive behaviour management of school aged children.
• A working knowledge of the National Quality Standards and a commitment to continuous quality improvement and to children learning through play.
• Demonstrated effective team leadership skills and an ability to direct and develop staff on-the-job.
• Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the Care and Education Services National Regulations 2011, the My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Aged Care in Australia, Children’s Care and Protection legislation and Duty of Care principles.
• Understanding of needs of children from Aboriginal, CALD backgrounds and/ or with additional needs and ability to accommodate these needs within the program.
As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of NESB and ATSI backgrounds. To obtain an information pack visit http://3bridges.org.au/about-us/people/careers/
Further details regarding the role, please contact Tina Warner on 1300 327 434.
Please forward applications to [email protected]
Applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered.
Applications close: 31 January 2018