Peta Hurst posted in Jobs Board
27th Apr 17, 09:54 AM
Leader, Research Evaluation & Development
• Based at Camperdown
• Full-time, fixed term for two years
The Centre for Disability Studies (CDS) is a not for profit research and education organisation that is affiliated with the University of Sydney. Our vision and mission is to create and disseminate knowledge that improves the lives of people with disabilities. We achieve this through designing and developing research, teaching and clinical practice to inform disability policy and practice.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Leader to lead and strengthen our excellence in Research in areas of relevance to people with a disability and in line with the goals and strategy plan of CDS.
About the Role
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the effective delivery and management of a range of activities which include:
• Leading and coordinating the research activities of CDS inclusive of contract, commissioned, tender, and funding agency grants as well as postgraduate research funding opportunities in line with the mission of CDS.
• Developing a business plan for the Research area of commercial value.
• Providing leadership to staff who are involved in Research and Evaluation projects
• Identifying and effecting growth through consultation with research funding agencies, philanthropy, NGO’s, advocacy groups, university colleagues and others.
• Establishing a CDS Research Hub.
To be successful in the role you the key qualities required are:
• A PhD or equivalent in a discipline significant and relevant to disability such as, allied health, medicine, education, disability studies.
• Breadth of research design and quantitative and/ or qualitative research skills
• Demonstrated research track record with peer reviewed publications
• A track record in writing and obtaining research grants
• An understanding of current issues relating to disability
• Excellent research project management and organisational skills
• Proven ability to lead as well as work as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Data analysis and interpretation skills
• Teaching and /training experience
• Budget management and financial skills
• Experience in working with databases
Please submit your application to [email protected]
and include your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and experience by 21 May 2017. Referencing HSNETCDS