Geeta Dhir posted in Jobs Board
19th Sep 18, 03:48 PM
CASEWORKER - TRAUMA SUPPORT SERVICE
• Leading NFP
• A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Caseworker with a trauma support background
• Part time work opportunity
• Based in Harris Park, Sydney
• Salary packaging available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Caseworker for our Trauma Support Service (Wattle Place) to provide services to Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and people who have been impacted by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses into Child Sexual Abuse. This service seeks to assist and support people who were in care in NSW or who are currently residing in NSW and looking to access their records, and trace and reconnect with their families.
This is a part time position working 4 days per week. The days and hours of work will be discussed with the successful candidate.
About the role
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
• Provide quality therapeutic case management and psychological support to Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and people who have been impacted by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses into Child Sexual Abuse.
• Provide trauma informed support, information and referral to facilitate client well-being;
• Apply person centred and strengths based approaches to working with clients to develop goals and work towards outcomes;
• Provide quality support to client with supported file reading and family tracing and reunion;
• Work as part of a team;
• Ensure compliance to orgnaisations WHS policy and procedures.
About the successful candidate
• Formal qualifications / working towards formal qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant disciplines;
• Experience in childhood loss, abuse and trauma;
• Ability to work closely with service users in an empathic and respectful way;
• Demonstrated experience in providing psychological support for people who have experienced trauma;
• Experience / demonstrated ability to undertake research and gather information from multiple sources to support family tracing and reunion processes;
• Ability to provide quality therapeutic casework, to develop individual tailored case plans and coordinate referral to suit client need;
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills – builds connection and empathy quickly;
• Demonstrated experience in record keeping and effective data recording;
• Capacity to work independently and as a member of the Wattle Place team;
• Ability to travel throughout New South Wales, interstate and work flexible hours.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST apply online and answer the role selection criteria’s. For more information about the role and details on how to apply, visit the link below:
RANSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal Australians are encouraged to apply. Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we aim to drive greater equality by practical actions to increase employment opportunities, and build strong and respectful relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians. RANSW’s RAP can be found at:
RANSW recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We work hard to promote a supportive work environment and we have a strong focus on professional development. We offer a range of benefits including salary packaging that provides significant tax-free benefits.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 07 OCTOBER 2018