Amalia Betihavas posted in Jobs Board
13th May 21, 01:21 PM
• Lead and manage the full finance function for a not-for-profit organisation
• Join a dedicated and professional team
• Support our growth into sustainable services
St George Community Transport (STGCT) is a government funded, not-for-profit organisation that has provided safe and reliable transport, social support, one on one support, assistance at home and access to the community for people 65 years and over, people with disability, their carers, and private customers since 1987.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Supervision, mentoring and development of the Finance Team and Transport Coordinator.
• End to end responsibility for financial reporting, including monthly financial reporting, preparation of annual financial accounts for external audit and commentary on performance.
• All financial reporting to funding bodies and statutory reporting.
• Oversee payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and petty cash management.
• Preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and forecasts.
• Participation and attendance at management team meetings and Board meetings as required.
The right applicant will have:
• Recognised tertiary qualifications in Accounting.
• Certification with a recognised professional accounting organisation.
• Experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
• Ability to contribute as a Senior Manager to management decisions affecting the long-term viability and sustainability of the organisation.
• Willingness to support the organisation through a period of growth into sustainable business enterprises.
• Demonstrated experience in analysing problems, identifying and initiating workable solutions, with the typical constraints of limited resources and skills in a small not-for-profit organisation.
• Ability to work ‘hands on’ as part of a small team.
• High level of computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office products and experience with Reckon software.
• Strong excel and analytical skills.
This position will be paid under Level 8 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. Tax effective salary packaging options are also available.
STGCT applies a merit-based selection approach in hiring new employees. A recruitment pack detailing the position description, information on the organisation and the selection process can be downloaded from our website https://www.stgct.org.au/join_us.html
In order to apply for this role please ensure you upload the following documents:
• A statement addressing the selection criteria.
• A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please contact the CEO Carol Strachan for more information on 02 9585 3000. Please email your application to our Team Leader, Quality and HR at [email protected].
Applications close on the 28th May 2021 at 6.00pm.
Join our team and make a difference to the lives of many in our community